I don’t know what to do

Last night I woke up and I felt something run across my back, I felt scared so I grabbed it and threw it on the floor (not knowing what it was) when I looked I saw it was a grasshopper, I thought it was dead and when I got a closer look I saw it lost a leg. I have put it in a container with dried oats, spinach and grass. I can’t put it outside with one leg but I have no idea how to look after a grasshopper. The grasshopper isn’t moving and it’s not eating the food I am putting infront of it. It can hardly move I don’t think it’s leg is working

Outside United States grasshoppers

Thank you for contacting us. We do not have any experts knowledgeable about injured insects but personally, I think it would have a distinct disadvantage in the outdoors. My suggestion is to do as you have been doing, providing food shelter and water. An internet search indicates they prefer to eat fresh green alfalfa, wheat, corn, and barley and these foods also provide them with water.

Enjoy his company and feel good about the fact that he won't be a snack for a bird or other animal.