Non-blooming Native Dwarf Cranberry and sexing Indian Plum plants....

1. I have had a native Oregon Dwarf Cranberry for at least 5 years. It is waist high and 4 feet across and very healthy looking. I have never seen a bloom. What is it missing? 2. I have a native Indian Plum. It requires a male and a female. How do I tell the sex of my current Indian Plum and where then can I buy an Indian Plum that is already sexed prior to planting? (so I don't have to play the lottery on getting a male or a female) Thank you, Eric Palmer Independence, Oregon

Polk County Oregon wildflowers and native plants oemlaria

Thank you for your questions, Eric. First, could you please clarify whether you have a true cranberry, or what is described as a highbush cranberry, which is actually in the Viburnum family?

As for the plum, all of the Extension articles say that the male and the female plants are difficult to tell apart, but that most plants are male. The best advice I can give you is that you visit a reputable nursery, such as this one: https://portlandnursery.com/natives/osmaronia/

Bosky Dell Nursery might also have staff who can, but it is probably not apparent until they begin to bloom in early spring.