Diseased cherry tree

My cherry tree has sticky substance on branches but leaves look fine and flowers were beautiful. It was sprayed by landscaper will it be okay

Middlesex County Massachusetts trees and shrubs

Hi,

From your description I do not know if the sticky substance is coming from the tree, from insects on the tree or from the spray the landscaper used. Could you ask the landscaper what he sprayed with and what he sprayed for? Sometimes they use insecticidal soap or a horticultural oil and that is sticky.

Sometimes trees are attacked by aphids and they emit a sticky excretion. Before the landscaper sprayed, you might have been able to see these soft bodied insects on the tips of branches. They are pretty easily killed so they may not be there after he sprayed. http://www.ladybug.uconn.edu/FactSheets/aphids.php

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully the landscaper can fill you in with details on why they sprayed and what for.