Brand New hay field

Hi. I'm looking to plant a brand new 20 acre hay field It is due west of Gaylord in Elmira. The backstory is it had been a hay field for 30 years prior to being opened up 4 years ago and having beans growing on it. I'm looking to put a hay field in to offset the property taxes. A friend of mine has all of the equipment and we'll be going in partnership with me to sell the hay. I don't know who the customer base will be. Horse or cow people. So I'm looking for a good mix that will thrive for the next 10 years. When the original hay field was first planted it had a mix of alfalfa clover and brome grass. What should I do to make the hay attractive to the biggest population of buyers? And what ratio? Thank you. Rob

Antrim County Michigan field crops hay production

I would suggest a mix of 12# alfalfa, 3# red clover, 4-5# timothy, and 2-3 # orchard grass. This mix should provide hay that is suitable for most markets and have longevity . Get a soil test prior to planting to makes sure soil pH is within the recommended range. Let me know if you have additional questions.
Regards,
Paul

Thanks a million for the help.