Diseased Hostas

For the last few years, my otherwise healthy hostas have turned brown particularly around the edges by mid-summer. The blue ones seem unaffected by this blight. I'm thinking it's anthracnose. Last year, I eradicated slugs from the bed with Sluggo and haven't seen any since. If it is anthracnose, how can I treat this? I have numerous plantings so I don't want to get rid of them. Also, if I use copper fungicide, how frequent should I apply as I don't want to harm earth worms.

Baltimore County Maryland disease issues hostas abiotic issues flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials hostas with brown edges

It may be anthracnose. We'd recommend cleaning up all dead foliage when it die back in cold temperatures, aiming for garden sanitation, rather than using a fungicide.
Do not water overhead.

Edge browning of leaves can indicate lack of water (and/or root dieback from drought). Water during prolonged dry periods.

Ellen

I'm fairly certain that it's not drought, as I have had the same experience for several years including last year with our record rainfall. The hostas are all in part to full shade locations. I have removed the old foliage each fall to no avail and need an alternative solution.

It's too late in the season to spray a fungicide now. You can spray beginning when foliage appears in spring next year, but you'll have to spray repeatedly over the growing season. We'd recommend replacing with a more disease-resistant variety if possible.

Ellen