spotted lantern fly & alanthus tree

I have a mature, very tall female alanthus that I am planning to trim / prune. Would you recommend I go ahead with that or should I consider removing the tree now? There are no current signs of infestation. What are the New Castle County zip codes that are under quarantine? Thanks.

New Castle County Delaware

Tree-of-heaven is an exotic invasive tree and the best course of action would be to remove the tree. Zip codes under quarantine and additional information about spotted lanternfly can be found at https://agriculture.delaware.gov/plant-industries/spotted-lanternfly/. Any tree-of-heaven on your property will attract spotted lanternfly if they are in the area. This particular pest produces lots of honeydew which makes surfaces very sticky and eventually they can turn black because of the sooty mold that can grow on the honeydew. Even if you are not in a quarantine zip code now, removal of this tree is a better practice if able to do so.