The entire row is dying

Why is entire row dying? What can be done? I'm on Allegheny River Armstrong county Pennsylvania

Armstrong County Pennsylvania

Hello, and thanks for using the Ask an Expert System,

I believe that all the trees on the right side of the photo are dead. I do not believe that you can do anything to save them. Have you contacted the nursery where you bought the trees or the service who planted them? Was there a warranty on these trees?

I suggest that you look carefully at the roots of one or two of these trees. I suspect the problem was improper planting. However, I would need to know when they were planted and if there are any signs of failure to remove root wrapping materials or any signs of planting too deeply.

I suggest that you contact the Armstrong County Penn State Master Gardener Hotline for assistance. This gardening hotline is a free service offered through the Penn State Extension office to help Armstrong County residents with gardening questions and concerns.

Armstrong County Penn State Extension Office

Thanks. The trees are 7 years old. There are 100 of them. The death started on one and traveled to the left.

Hi, When did these trees start to die off? How long did it take for all of the trees to die? Was there ever any signs of fungal disease or insect problems. Are any of the green trees in the photo showing signds of disease? Are the remaining trees the same variety as the dead trees?

I am sorry to hear that you have lost that many trees. It will be a lot of work to remove the dead trees. There is very little I can do from this distance. I think this would be a good time to call in a professional arborist to determine what killed your trees.