Pressure canner testing

Asked August 9, 2019, 3:15 PM EDT

Where can I get a canner guage tester?

Washington County Oregon

1 Response

Gauge testing is available at the Washington County Extension Office (8 AM – 12 PM & 1 - 5 PM). The office is located at 1815 NW 169th Place, Suite 1000, Beaverton. Call 503-821-1150 for additional information.

Other resources in Washington County include:
Ace Hardware, 3602 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, (503) 357-3164 for canner gauge tests and replacement canner parts.
Ace Hardware, 3470 SW 185th, Aloha, (503)649-5555 for canning supplies & replacement parts.
Bi-Mart for canning supplies.
Joe’s Place Farm, 701 NE 112th Ave, Vancouver, WA, 360-892-3974, (open late May thru Dec, Mon – Sat, or call to make certain someone is there), for canner gauge tests and Clear Jel sales.

If you have any additional canning questions, make sure and call our hotline experts. The toll-free hotline (800-354-7319) is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (July 15th - October 18th). Extension certified Master Food Preserver volunteers from Lane and Douglas counties take the calls.

Oregon State University Extension Service offers this food preservation and safety hotline every year during the peak canning season. The hotline is available for queries on proper canning techniques, safe recipes to follow, and the locations for pressure canner gauge testing in your area.

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert, and happy canning!