No leaves

I planted a weeping cherry two years ago the first year it did great the next year it leafed out and bloomed then after the blooms feel all the leaves fell off there's no sign of fungus I fertilizer the tree with no response I think I should prune what looks dead not sure help

Lackawanna County Pennsylvania trees and shrubs master gardener program weeping cherry trees

Flowering cherries are susceptible to many problems, including cherry virus diseases, canker, twig blight, root rot, brown rot, powdery mildew, bacterial and fungal leaf spots, borers, aphids, tent caterpillar, and scale. Bark is thin and can easily be damaged by mowers and string trimmers. There have been multiple reports of flowering cherry trees suffering from a fungal disease commonly known as 'brown rot'. It is prompted and exacerbated by the cool, damp spring weather we have experienced recently. Would it be possible to share a picture of the tree to determine if there are any galls or other evidence of disease? The following link provides additional information about diseases of cherry trees. https://extension.psu.edu/ornamental-cherry-diseases