What is the best native ground cover for a partly sunny area that will help prevent weeds and add aesthetic appeal? Perhaps something that flowers or s few different ground covers that could be planted together in the same area. The area is on a bit of an incline.
For an area in partial sun, you could try a combination of these native plants:
- Golden groundsel (Packera aurea) - evergreen groundcover, reseeds vigorously, yellow flowers on 1' tall stems in the spring
- Christmas fern (Polystichum acrostichoides)
- Pennsylvania sedge (Carex pennsylvanica) - slow grower but eventually fills in densely
- Creeping phlox (Phlox subulata) - pink or white flowers
- Pussytoes (Antennaria plantaginifolia)