Does plant have too much new growth. Should some be removed?

It’s summer, plant growing like crazy but sap is definitely present on leaf tips. Doesn’t have any infestation. What’s going on?

Michigan houseplants

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.

I must say your question caused me to chuckle a bit. Most often we get questions as to why a plant is sick or dying not a question concerning it being healthy.
Your plant is probably just healthy. Sap on the leaf tips is part of the process of transpiration. Now, that said if you are noticing sticky sap on the floor under your plant check the leaves and stems carefully for scale insects. They are small rounded bumps usually near the leave veins and are often on the underside of the leaves. I've attached a link for you.

If you do not find any evidence of scale (aphids is another possibility) then enjoy your plant! It's obviously in a great spot. Growth will slow in the fall. Reduce watering and don't fertilize in the fall and winter.
https://extension.umn.edu/product-and-houseplant-pests/insects-indoor-plants