Wild blackberries

Two years ago I transplanted some of the wild blackberries from outside Albany to my place in Christmas Valley. Only a few of fifteen plants are getting blossoms. Are some plants male and some female that produce fruit?

Lake County Oregon invasive species blackberries horticulture

Hello, thanks for your question about blackberries. Blackberry canes do not always produce fruit the first year. For each individual cane, they are going to put out fruit the second year of development (some new varieties you can buy will produce fruit first year). if you are cutting canes back each year, they can't develop into second year canes that will develop fruit. If this is the second year after transplanting, most likely most of your canes are first year canes.
I hope you find this helpful. Please let me know if you would like some additional information.
Thanks, Nicole

I have not trimmed back the canes ever. The plants are 2 plus years old. Only a couple of the plants put on blossoms and then fruit. So my question remains. Are some plants male, and therefore will not put on blossoms ever?

no, there are not male and female flowers, nor male and female canes.
Each flower contains male and female parts.
Some potential causes to consider would be not enough sun, poor pollination (more likely if there are plentiful flowers but no fruit), or poor transitioning of your plants from the wild spot to your garden.
Blackberries must be pruned to invigorate the production of new canes, in order to keep them fruiting. If you have never pruned them in 2plus years, they will benefit heavily from it. You also did not mention feritilizer- blackberries tend to be heavy feeders. For our cultivated varieties of blackberry, select pruning is actually recommended twice a year.
The link is to our publication on home growing of blackberries. It's geared towards maximizing production of cultivated blackberries, but it should also be helpful for your situation. The key will be for you to learn to distinguish between the old and new canes and keep them pruned accordingly. I hope you find this helpful, Nicole