Succulent gardening

What resources can you give me regarding growing succulents? I am particularly interested in flowering plants but want to include a variety of green colors for interest. Thanks for any help you can give me. Sincerely, Robyn Paege.

Marion County Oregon succulents

Thanks you for your question about growing succulents. Probably the most common types grown here are the low-growing hens-and chicks (Sempervivum ssp) and various Sedums, as well as the taller Hylotelephium (formerly Sedum) 'Autumn Joy' and its relatives. Mostly these enjoy full sun, not overly rich soil, and minimal water. They are winter hardy.
There are also many less-hardy succulents that can be grown outdoors in the summer and overwintered in a protected place. Here is a slide presentation from Texas A&M that will introduce you to some of the many different types. Also an interview the discusses many others http://sonomamg.ucanr.edu/2011_Feature_Articles/Succulents__The_Camels_of_the_Plant_World/. There are so many to choose from, just find the ones you like and give them a try!