Diverting rainwater

Asked August 1, 2019, 12:37 PM EDT

Hello, I need advice on how to divert rainwater around my house. There is a pond that might be a good place to send the water. There is a slope down towards my house from my neighbors and there was a waterfall going down the sad, rocky steps out front. It was pretty dramatic. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. T Hedges

Oldham County Kentucky

3 Responses


Is your property in a rural area or is it in a subdivision or neighborhood? This will make a difference on follow-up advice.

Feel free to follow up with me at traci.missun@uky.edu

Traci Missun
Oldham County Extension
Agriculture & Natural Resources Agent

It’s a rural area. On about 2.5 acres.
I thought about building something like this river of rocks, draining to the pond.
Do you think this will help? I’m not sure where would be the best placement.

Thanks for contacting the office today. If the department I referred you to is unable to help with your question, please give me a call back at 502-222-9453.