Otto Luykens have a big problem

I have several Otto Luykens that I planted last fall. They are trying to grow and most of them are continuously getting new leaves, but, I see: Half-chewed leaves Some leaves with little holes in them dying/dead leaves Entire sections of a plant dying, turning brown, etc. I'm unable to see any worms, caterpillars, beetles on them. See the attached pictures Can you help?

Montgomery County Maryland shrubs cherry laurel abiotic issues cherry shot hole

We viewed your photos. The shrub in the left and right photo looks like it was subject to some minor chewing damage by an insect and cherry shot hole, a fungal disease.
Cherry shot hole is a foliar fungal disease favored by wet weather. The infected leaf tissue falls out and the holes are left behind. The damage is cosmetic and no chemical controls are recommended. Rake up any fallen foliage. The plant will recover.
The plant can tolerate some minor insect feeding and no controls are recommended.

Middle photo - This looks like a type of root issue. Perhaps planting too deep, excessive mulch, too much moisture, etc. We recommend that you replace the shrub. Take a look a our blog on cherry laurels and see tips for successfully establishing plants in your landscape https://marylandgrows.umd.edu/2019/01/07/qa-whats-wrong-with-my-cherry-laurel-shrubs/

Marian