Wisteria

I have a wisteria that was fine and started to bloom out this spring and all of a sudden just died or looks dead. The plant is at least 15 years old. It looks like some of the new growth has the bark stripped from it or peeled away. Where the bark has peeled off it breaks off. It is still pliable in most areas but I have had some to just break right off especially in the newer growth. Should I cut it back? And hope for new growth next year or just wait? The entire vine actually looks completely dead with no leaves or flowers. But if the branches are pliable could it still be alive? This spring was much wetter than the past or could it have been a big of some sort to kill it?

Campbell County Kentucky wisteria campbell county kentucky horticulture

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Campbell County Extension Office for assistance. I am including the contact information below.

Sarah M Stolz

Extension Agent
Horticulture
phone: (859) 572-2600
fax: (859) 572-2619