Tall bearded iris - lack of bloom

Hello, this spring and summer there were no blossoms on my iris - none - I live near Finksburg. My mother, in upper Frederick County, reported the same thing. I described the occurrence on the Facebook group, Maryland Farmers Exchange, and many members also say their iris had few or no blooms this year. However one member from Harford County said it was a good year for their iris. What gives?

Maryland flowers iris not blooming

Poor flowering can be due to too much shade, using excessive nitrogen fertilizer, or planting the rhizomes too deep. Limited flowering may also occur if
plants become too crowded and need dividing.
Make sure the iris are in full sun and they are not ovrcrowded. If so, they may need to be divided.

After 3 to 5 years, iris generally become crowded and should be divided. Iris can be divided in the spring after the plants flowered or early fall. Cut the leaves to one-third their length in the fall for easier handling. Dig the clump and wash soil off with a hose. Cut rhizomes apart so that each section has at least one healthy fan of leaves and firm, white roots. Older rhizomes may seem firm but should be discarded since they have limited flowering capacity. Divided clumps may not bloom until the second season. Here is more information https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/bearded-iris-for-the-home-landscape

Marian