Shasta Daisies

Hi. We’ve had Shasta daisies in our yard for 17 years. This year we had some anomalies. First we noticed some without any petals at all. We thought maybe critters had eaten the petals. The yellow centers however are untouched, and the petals appear to have been removed too cleanly to have been eaten by critters. It’s as if they never grew petals. Then, I noticed others which appear to have mutated. The yellow center did not fully develop into the circular shape and no/few petals grew on this portion. We love these daisies as they were a wedding gift. I’d like to know if there’s any logic to the mutation, and if we can prevent it from happening in the future. I’ll attach some photos for reference. If this isn’t the correct forum for this type of question, would you please relay this message to the proper department. Thank you for your time.

Clackamas County Oregon flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

If any of the leaves are malformed, have discoloration or brown spots could you send me a few pictures? This could help in determining whether this is a disease issue or insects are involved.

A lot of insects prefer the cool of the morning or dusk so you might try checking at these times or try in evening with a flashlight to see if you can find the culprit in the act. There also may be more than one thing going on.

Are there petals on the ground? What is your watering schedule? Do you fertilize or amend the soil?

No fertilizer used. Amended with compost. No petals on the ground. No blatant discoloration. I’ll attach more photos. I just discovered one which is two daisies in one!
It looks like I have to respond twice to send a couple more pictures. I’ll also include a picture of one which looks like it’s been munched on. I haven’t seen this before today.
Thank you!

I do not, in all honesty, have an answer for you. I spoke with a few colleagues and the consensus was to recommend that you take a few live samples to your local OSU Extesion Sevice office which in Clackamas is located at 200 Warner Milne Rd, Oregon City, OR 97045, Please call ahead for their plant clinic hours (503) 655-8631.

Good luck and happy gardening.