need help identifying and getting rid of this

Hello, I posted and asked for help on Facebook and someone asked me to send here for answers. this stuff has been bothering me for a few years and I'm not sure how to get rid of it and dont know what it is. I'm assuming a moss of some sort? it stays most in this aea and is behind my house so not a lot of sun. I would appreciate your help!

Wayne County Michigan plant identification

This is some type of liverwort. Liverworts thrive in overly wet areas. If there is a way to increase drainage and/or airflow in that area that will help reduce the presence of these plants.

There is also an herbicide available that target mosses and algae (i.e. Bioadvanced Moss & Algae Killer) that you may also consider using. As with any pesticide, be sure to read and follow all labeled instructions to maximize efficacy and environmental and personal safety.

thank you Erin, really appreciate the help! will try the herbicide and see if that helps and a little less watering that area