European Beech issue

My young (8-9 yrs) Tri-color European Beech leaves have all suddenly turned brown and begun to curl and dry up. I see no signs of insects or any bark incursions. Is there any hope to save this tree?

Howard County Maryland brown leaves beech tree tri colored beech

You can send us photos of the whole tree, around the base, and affected foliage so we can see what you may be dealing with.
This is a tough plant to keep happy. They have a shallow root system and appreciate some afternoon shade in a moist well drained soil. They do not like the wet springs and all the rain we have had. They also do not like a lot of environmental stresses such as hot sun, dry periods, etc.

Keep watered during dry periods. Do not cultivate around the root system. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and keep away from the base of the trunk. That is about all you can do.

Marian