Maple Tree

My 6 year old Maple tree has brown leaves on at least 1/3 of the branches. Can you give me some help. The leaves are still supple and are not falling off. Is this a disease, not enough water, what? Wendy Ware

Benton County Oregon trees and shrubs maple trees

Hi there. Without photos I can not answer your question. I suggest you take some photos and email them to the Master Gardener Information Desk in the OSU Extension Office here in Benton County. If the photos do not explain the problem you will need to answer questions that the Master Gardeners ask about the tree. The should be photos of the entire tree and good clear closeups of the leaves (in good light) that are not normal looking. Meanwhile look for sap coming from the branches or trunk, small holes in the bark, and insects on your tree. You could also trim off a sample from one of the problem branches and take photos of the whole tree and take them into the help desk. The email address is bentonmg@oregonstate.edu. The office is located at 4077 SW Research Way in Corvallis, 97333. The office hours are 8-5 M-F. I suggest you call first to ensure that a Master Gardener is on duty. They will need to ask you some questions about location of the tree, water provided, fertilizers etc. The number is 541-766-6750.