Lemon blast and regular ball python same tank

Can I house my lemon blast ball with a regular ball python in the same tank pros and cons of doing this.

Outside United States reptile husbandry ball python

Thank you for your question. Putting multiple snakes in one enclosure is generally not recommended, unless you are putting a male and female together to breed. There are two reasons for not housing snakes together: (1) If there are health problems, for example diarrhea or repeated food regurgitation, it makes it hard to determine which snake is having the problem. Also if one snake is sick, and the disease is contagious, it makes it easy to transmit the disease to other snakes, if they are housed in the same enclosure; (2) Unless they are looking for mates, snakes are generally solitary animals. Housing snakes together can stress them and cause them to stop feeding and affect their overall health.

I hope this information helps, and thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.

Jim