This petunia I found

So I found it in my garden and I am trying to identify its name. I am pretty sure it is spreading or multiflora. But I don’t know what kind it is or the name. I think it’s a carpet petunia but not certain. Please fill me in on what petunia I accidentally grew.

Marion County Oregon

What a festive volunteer petunia! Most petunias on the market are hybrid varieties, these are plants that are the offspring of two different varieties carefully crossed with one another to produce especially pleasing attributes (color, the way it grows, fragrance, etc). When these hybrids set seed, that seed will not produce the same variety as the parent plant; they don't "come true". They may not share the same coloration or growth habit. If you had multiple varieties of petunias in your yard last season, it's possible they cross-pollinated and created an entirely new variety!

Determining whether it is a Grandiflora, Multiflora, Milliflora, or Wave petunia may require letting it grow out a little and observing the shape and size of the plant and the blooms.

• Grandiflora petunias have large, showy blooms, that can reach up to 5 inches in diameter. Plants can grow to about 1-2 ft tall and 1-3 ft across. Grandiflora petunias will often produce fewer blooms than smaller petunias. They can be pink, blue, white, yellow, or striped.
  • Multilfora petunias are smaller plants with smaller, but plentiful, blooms. They also tend to be disease-resistant. Blooms are about 2" across and the plants grow into a mound.
  • Milliflora petunias are smaller and even more prolific, measuring no more than 8 inches wide and tall when mature. Flowers are typically 1-1.5" in diameter. They produce blooms in most colors, except yellow.
  • Wave petunias are low-lying petunias that can cover 5 ft of ground, while growing about 5-7" tall. They can be pink, red, purple, or striped and make excellent ground cover.
The University of Minnesota has an amazing guide to growing petunias, should you need help nurturing this little friend: https://extension.umn.edu/flowers/growing-petunias