hot weather brown patches

The last few years my lawn has a terrific spring grass growth, very thick and great color. When hot weather and good rain like this year occurs small brown patches start to appear and get worse, bigger, as prolonged high temps persist. Irragation system is shut down soil still moist 3-4 inches deep. No added fertilizer. No sign of Jap beetles yet 7/18/19. Affected areas have good sunlight, shaded areas are unaffected and look good. Has come back in the fall the last few years very well, hoping again this year. Over seed with arriation every fall sunny mix from Bachmans. Using grub control as per instructions. Collect clippings in spring until cottonwwood stops falling, then mulch. Cutting grass at 3 inches Fertilize in fall and late spring I await any recommendations you make. Getting to think it is a fungus because of the dollar spot start up and the persistent high humidity.

Hennepin County Minnesota

You gave us a great description and it does sound like Dollar Spot. However, if possible, could you send us photos of the area, a close up of one of the spots and then pull some of the grass showing us the actual shaft/roots. Thank you.

This is the response I sent 19 days ago. I don't know why you didn't receive it.