Weed over taking pasture

Hi I have a new weed that has totally taken over our 3 acre pasture for our 2 horses. I have never seen it before and now it is everywhere... We are located just 3 miles West of the Miley road Extension facility on Butteville Road. What is the best way to eradicate it? It is a yellow flower with a longitudinal stem about 5 to 6" in height. I am hoping I can do something while still having the horses on the premises. I could keep them off for a week or so in the round pen... Thank you

Clackamas County Oregon pastures and forages weeds

Based on the images, I believe this is probably bristly hawksbeard. A common broadleaf pasture weed.Mowing and grazing are ineffective for control. I would treat the pasture with 7 oz/A of a herbicide called Milestone. There are no feeding or grazing restrictions with this product. A follow up treatment next spring may be needed. See link below for specific instructions.