How to treat Fuligo Septica

I have a new lawn. The sod was rolled out approximately 5-6 weeks ago. The lawn is beautiful green and flawless, except that starting yesterday 2 disgusting yellow patches of slime appeared. I removed it with a shovel and this morning, it was back. I have identified it internet description and photos as "Dog Vomit Fungus" or Fuligo Septica. Can this be treated so that it doesn't return without damaging my lawn? I live in east Medford. Thanks, Vicki J.

Jackson County Oregon slime mold lawn

If it's slime mold, it won't damage your new lawn, or any other plants, in any way. You can disperse it by hosing it down. It won't be a problem even if it returns.

To tell the truth, it's a completely normal event in gardens and landscapes, one that only occasional people encounter.

If you send an image or two when you reply, its ID can be verified.

For background information, see https://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/june99.html. (Note that this webpage is no longer active -- that is, the author won't respond to questions.)