Rain Garden

Hello, I am developing plans for a rain garden on my property (see attached), and I was hoping to speak to someone (or even have someone visit) about how I can/should approach it. The challenge I have is that I'm not only trying to handle runoff from my roof, but my property appears to be downstream from several properties' runoff, which builds up in my back yard and flood the yard and my sump/basement. I need help determining the size of the rain garden, and ensure I don't cause any issues with my neighbor. Can you help or can you refer me to someone who can help me develop plans for something that'll work? Thanks! Brandt

Prince George's County Maryland

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.