I just purchased 2 acres in Valley City, an I was considering getting 2 goats...

I just purchased 2 acres in Valley City, an I was considering getting 2 goats for pets/brush control. I do not live there but there is a barn that I am restoring, but I would likely just build them a shed off the main barn. Is there an expert of a 4H member that needs space for their Goats to roam/live to maybe break me in slowly and provide them with a good space to raise the goats? I have done some reading and it looks like a 4 foot fence around the majority of the "pasture" area would be required, and I am not sure if there are any plants that are poisonous to goats on the property, I have not planted anything there as I just purchased the property. lots of questions still but I want to learn.

Lorain County Ohio 4-h goats

God Morning,

Please contact our office at 440-326-5851 so that we may answer your questions and discuss our policy on connecting resources with our 4-H community!

You may ask for Julie Mackey or Jacki Baca.