Maple tree

I planted a Maple tree last fall in our back yard. This spring it seemed to be growing just fine. The leaves where nice and green, but we just noticed that they are turning red and it is only July. We live a few miles from Cadillac. I'm wondering if there is some kind of fertilizer that we can give it to help this confiscation and e this tree.

Osceola County Michigan

Hello. The leaves turning color prematurely mean the tree is under stress. If the tree looks like a telephone pole going into the soil it was planted too deeply-the root flare should be visible at the soil line. Hopefully you are keeping it irrigated by putting a hose that is running slowly on the root ball. Trees that have been transplanted need consistent moisture in order to get established. Fertilizer will not be effective until the tree is established. Hope this helps.