Termiticide application depth?

Hi, I am seeking information on the correct depth a pest control company needs to penetrate clay soil around my CMU foundation wall with Premise or Termidor injection. 20 years ago it was rod down to the foundation footing. 10 years ago it was four feet. I am now told “according to entomologists” it is one foot. I simply find that hard to believe so I am checking with the extension service to verify one way or the other. Your clarification in this matter most appreciated!

Anne Arundel County Maryland pesticides termiticide application depth of pesticide

It is within the realm of possibility.
Termite control products can have different modes of control. For instance, Termidor (made by BASF) and Premise (made by Bayer) are both non-repellent termiticides, which haven't been on the market for as long as some other types of control to which you may be referring.
There have definitely been changes in products that allow shallower minimum treatment depths. In 2014 the info we have here says 2 feet is the norm,but the depth of treatment can vary depending on various factors.
The most accurate answer to your question can be found on the actual product label, which by law must be followed carefully.
We suggest contacting the manufacturers for those products and inquiring about the specifics.
1-800-777-8570 BASF
1-800-842-8020 Bayer Corp.

Christine