Will rotting apples lower the pH of soil?

I will be putting in a row of blueberries soon at my place. I was told that rotting apples will lower the pH of soil for blueberries. I'm skeptical - I could not find any information that suggested using apples to lower soil pH. My guess, is the best solution is to use elemental sulfur. I appreciate your advice.

Oregon blueberries soil ph compost

I'm on the same page with you.

While composting plant materials do produce organic acids during their decomposition, ultimately they will rise to neutral.

For a lasting change of soil pH, use sulfur. Is your idea to change soil pH based on a soil test? How long since there has been a soil test?

Yes, I have a soil test kit meter and have used it before planting my other blueberry plants.
I used elemental sulfur to bring the soil to the correct pH level for blueberries.

I plan on planting about 50 ft of berries. Can you recommend two different varieties with the same blossom time and is suitable for zone 6? I'm in Eastern Oregon.

Ach, I am the LAST person to ask about a variety recommendation. the berry specialist is out on vacation for most of the rest of the month. Have you seen this publication by OSU Extension?

PNW 656
Published
February 2014

This publication describes blueberry cultivars, including northern highbush, southern highbush, rabbiteye, lowbush, and half-high types. It includes information on commercial value and identifies which ...

It is available at no further cost to you. Because it was written for a PNW audience, you should find cultivars suitable to your climate.