Swamp Milkweed, weed or ???

Can you please tell me what this is? I had thrown seeds down for swamp milkweed and I am not sure if this is that or not. It seems I have so much more of this in my wild flower garden this year than any time before. I threw the seeds down for the swamp milkweed 2 years ago. Thank You! Heather Olstad

Dakota County Minnesota

The plants shown in the photos are not swamp milkweed. Our guess is that they are New England asters (Symphyotrichum novae-angliae). Please compare them with the photos and descriptions at the following websites and see what you think.

If the plants are asters, they will not bloom until late-summer or fall. However, the blossoms are worth waiting for.

Yes without even looking at the sites provided, I did toss down aster seeds that were purchased from a company out east! So we will let it ride and enjoy the fall blooms!