I have made some syrubs usng elderflower and other things. I sterilize the...

I have made some syrubs usng elderflower and other things. I sterilize the jar and lids. As long as itlooks and tastes fine, i use it. I knew people who used odds and ends, honey, beet and cane sugar and corn syrup plus clear juices to give an instance, the canned juices were generally canned ahead. The resulting jelly or syrupcame out in layers and could be siphoned out.. is there a name for this? There wasa wayto keep sugar from settling out.

Franklin County Ohio food safety home food preservation

Thank you for your question.

After reading your comments, I have concerns about the safety of the end product. The combination of low acid foods listed creates a potential environment for botulinum bacteria to survive. Without following a standardized recipe and heat processing the finished product, you cannot be assured of the safety of the product. I would suggest you explore the National Center for Home Food Preservation at https://nchfp.uga.edu/ for more information.