Snake is cloudy but never shed

I have a ball python that’s about 3-4 months old and she just finished shedding a little less than two weeks ago and had beautiful vibrant colors afterwards. However over the past few days I noticed that her eyes became cloudy and the skin also like cloudy and dull. Is there a reason for this? I know it’s not possible that she’s shedding again in such a short period of time. Please help, i am a little concerned! Thank you.

Miami-Dade County Florida ball python ball python husbandry

Thank you for your question. If, after shedding, the eyes are still cloudy, I would suspect the lenses that cover the eyes had not come off with the shed skin. The fact that these symptoms have shown up shortly after an apparently successful shed is something with which I have no experience. I recommend that you contact a reptile veterinarian in your area to get their opinion.

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.

Jim