Terrible weed

We have a weed growing in our yard that has been nearly impossible to get rid of. The roots are all interconnected under ground so it is really hard to pull all the roots out when we pull the top green part out. It all grows back extremely quickly after being pulled and is spreading like crazy. Trying to figure out the best way to finally be rid of them. These photos are taken after just a couple days after pulling it out

Multnomah County Oregon weeds weed identification

Can you send pictures closer up and give me an idea of size?
Have you seen it flower?
Are the leaves fuzzy or smooth?
What color are stems?

Thanks for your response Sean. I have never seen any buds or flowers on the plant. The leaves are about the size of fingers, and when left to grow each stalk gets pretty tall (some have grown up to knee height by the time I pull them out). The leaves are smooth. I tried to include more photos. The initial root at the base is a lighter color but then deeper down they attach to a much thicker and darker root

Shawn is ill and away. I have compared your weed to 600 Weeds of the West, and circulated it among several plant ID groups. No success. If it develops flowers, ID will be much easier. Let us know!