Leaf miners in boxwoods

Good afternoon. It seems from what I read on your wonderful website that a chemical for leaf miners needs to be foliar absorbent. I would like to know which chemical to look for in the many products available that would accomplish this. Or if you could direct me to the names of different sprays, I would be most grateful. Many kind thanks for your service and advice. All the best, (a very proud alumni)

District of Columbia County District of Columbia shrubs boxwood leafminer

You can look for a product that contains the active ingredient Spinosad. It has contact activity, is absorbed through the leaf's surface, and has low environmental impact. Apply in the morning when cool. Follow all label directions.
Here is our website on boxwood leafminer http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/boxwood-leafminer-shrubs

Marian

Thank you so very, very much. This is super useful and informative. I am truly grateful!

All the best,
Marilia