Diseased pumpkin crop

Hi, I'm an organic seed producer in Jackson Co. and have some disease pressure in a pumpkin crop I need guidance with. Cucumber beetle pressure has been high, and Pyganic sprays have been moderately helpful. I thought i had bacterial wilt but there is no sticky sap; and I don't see evidence of vine borers. I am hoping to avoid having to remove affected plants. Photos are attached. Thanks! Cacia

Jackson County Oregon small farm issues seeds pumpkins

Hello cacia,
Wilts in cucurbits are tricky to diagnose, and some can be seed-borne. They can't usually be confirmed from visual signs and symptoms unless you see something diagnostic like the sticky sap of bacterial wilt that you mentioned.

I would recommend submitting a sample to the OSU Plant Clinic for proper diagnosis: https://bpp.oregonstate.edu/plant-clinic/services-and-fees. Feel free to contact Plant Clinic staff if you have questions about sampling or packaging, or contact me at 503-913-9410 or nick.andrews@oregonstate.edu.

Best regards,