White dirt and green dirt Raised Bed

I have 2 raised veggie gardens outside on top of my lawn, drainage should not be an issue.
However i saw sections of a white substance along the top of my nice expensive dirt on one bed that has not yet been planted and a dark green dry film over the top of another bed that I have lettuce and beets in.
What's going wrong?

Oregon raised bed gardening

Thank you for your question. It is just a guess to suggest what is happening without either photos, or a physical examination. Typically, green can indicate an algae growth. White can be a fungal infection or a salt buildup on top of the soil. But those aren’t definitive. You did not indicate your county, so we don’t know how much water, humidity, fungal spores or ambient temperatures. I suggest you take photos and samples to your Extension office for help. You can find your local office through this webpage: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/find-us Good luck!