raspberry problems

I've been growing raspberries in raised beds successfully for about 5 years now. They're 4 x 16 foot beds and yielded gallons of raspberries. This year, not so good. The east half of both of my raised bed, the plants are just not growing very well. I even had several plants - mostly just in that half of the beds - that died over winter. I transplanted a dozen plants from another bed to fill the holes, didn't find anything unusual when I dug holes for the new plants. (I thought maybe the chipmunks that are eating my strawberries had tunneled into the rasp patch, but I find no evidence.) Any ideas or suggestions?

Livingston County Michigan raspberries growing raspberries

A soil disease or a virus are the first two things that come to mind. Have the planter only had raspberries in them? Did you recently add soil from elsewhere in your garden which may have had tomatoes, peppers or potatoes growing in it? Is so it could be verticillium wilt. The fact you are not getting growth from the primocanes would indicate that our cold winter was not the problem. A virus would be much harder to pin down. It there anything different on the sides of the box affected.
Just guessing without a sample or a picture.