WHITE ON MY VEGETABLE PLANTS

My peas and zucchini have white on the leaves. I'm thinking it might be thripe or powdery mildew. How do I treat them. I have photos I can text you.--Shirley Carpenedo

Gogebic County Michigan powdery mildew

Good Morning, Shirley -- Would you possibly be able to attach a couple photos below?

Thanks for the photos. Unfortunately it is still pretty hard to tell exactly what is going on with those plants. The white on the zucchini could be powdery mildew but it doesn't quite look enough like it for me to be sure. The peas definitely don't have powdery mildew. The simplest explanation would be that both plants are being fed on by an insect with a piercing-sucking mouthpart such as leafhoppers, plant bug (Lygus sp.) or thrips. Have you noticed any insects on the leaves? Check the undersides especially, and you may have to work quickly since many of these critters will flee at the slightest disturbance. This early in the season they are often also very small and green or almost transparent so they may be very difficult to see. I'm not sure I will be able to help you much remotely, but there is an MSU Extension Consumer Horticulture Educator in the Iron County MSU Extension office (https://www.canr.msu.edu/iron/county-extension-office) who might be of more assistance, especially if you were able to bring her leaf samples to look at.