zuc follow up pic

another fruit from another plant with the same issue I just sent a question about...

Harford County Maryland vegetables abiotic issues

In addition to choanephora rot, your squash blooms may not be receiving a sufficient number of bee visits (8-12) to effect pollination and fertilization. This happens when pollinator numbers are low or rainy weather inhibits pollinator activity. The result are fruits that do not fully form or are oddly shaped.
https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/pollination-problems-vegetables
Jon

Thank you for your two responses. It sounds like my best option for dealing with the problem I have would be to take the following three steps:

1- apply preventive fungicide as fruits first emerge/develop,.
2 - try to pollinate the flowers myself.
3 - pick off the blossom as soon as possible, which I believe would be after one day of blooming?

Any thoughts on that approach?

Hi- #1 (fungicide application) would need to be made prior to the blossom opening and may not be necessary if you commit to #3. Step #2 helps ensure pollination/fertilization if pollinator activity is limited.