Dying confir evergreen

I have a confir evergreen that seems to be dying and I’m wondering if there is anything I can to to save it. This spring it looked healthy and robust but now the needles at the branch tips are brown.

Antrim County Michigan

It is extremely difficult to ID a disease of conifers (pines, larch, etc.) by photograph. Also different conifers are subject to differing problems. Do you know what kind of pine you have, i.e., Austrian, Scots, or?? Is the tree bark gray or does it have bark with an orange color? When did you first notice this problem this year? Is this the first year you've seen this?

Can you please look at how the needles emerge from the limb and let me know if they are in bundles (called fascicles) of two, or three, or? Also let me know how long the needles are. Are they pointy and stiff or soft? In your photograph they look flat and smooth and soft. Is that correct?

If you can help me with this information and perhaps a more close up of the green needles and a limb I will try to ID the problem. The best way to get a proper diagnosis would be to take a sample in to your county MSU Extension office. If they cannot ID the problem, they can send the sample in to the lab on the MSU campus in East Lansing. You should submit a sample that has both healthy and unhealthy needles on it if possible.