Problem with Variegated Red Twig Dogwood

Hi, I planted a variegated red twig dogwood in my garden last year. This year it has some leaves that have begin wilting and wrinkling along with having brown spots. Can you tell me if this might be a disease I can treat or if I may not have it planted in the right conditions? Right now its in a fairly well drained garden bed and gets about 2 hours of morning sun. Pictures are attached. Thanks for your help!

Harford County Maryland red twig dogwood leaf spot shrub

The foliage looks like it was subject to a fungal leaf spot disease. This can be common in wet seasons and you may be dealing with this every year. You'll have to decide how much effort you want to put into improving the appearance of your dogwoods. Try sanitation removing fallen infected leaves. Look along the stems for any cankers, dark spots on the stems. Prune if need be.

Fungicides are preventatives and will not cure what is there. Fungicides will only protect new or uninfected foliage. They are protectants, not curatives. It is up to you if you want to spray.

This plant grows best in moist soils and tolerates a wide range of conditions sun to part shade. You may want to transplant this fall or next spring to a sunnier location. to help improve the air circulation. Monitor the health of the plant.
You may have to decide how much spotting you would like to tolerate.

Marian