Border Plants

This is a followup to a previous question about Saw flies and Creeping Jenny 1. If we replace the Creeping Jenny that has been destroyed by Saw flies with Moss Roses, will the Moss Roses be okay in the same soil without treating the soil? 2. Do Portulacas (Moss roses) come in Annuals and Perennials? The article you referred me to in the last email said they are annuals. Online, they are referred to as perennials. We do not want to replant the border every year. 3. Are Moss Roses a good border choice around brick edging?

Carver County Minnesota landscape plants ground cover moss roses

Moss roses will do well in the same location as the creeping Jenny. They are perennials in the Deep South. They are annuals in most of the country. They do self seed and in a couple of years should not take much replanting to fill a bed. However, waiting for them to flower and having to replant may not be what you want. They would be an excellent choice along brick. https://www.all-my-favourite-flower-names.com/portulacas.html There are several low growing succulents available at garden centers that self seed, form mats and come up every year. I’m sorry I don’t have the name but they are reliable in my garden.