Mysterious holes in our yard

Over a year ago we had a new lawn put in, sod not seed. It was beautiful and green and lush. We noticed it dying in spots. Now we’ve noticed small holes around the yard. Doesn’t look like moles because there isn’t dirt piles like you normally see with moles. I have pictures I’ll attach. We’re not sure what steps we should take to get back our beautiful lawn and get rid of these holes. Any help. The yard just east of us has no holes. Their grass is dying because they don’t water it. We water ours.

Marion County Oregon

Hello:
It's a little hard to tell from the photos if these are excavations in the grass or actual holes that lead into tunnels. can you tell me which of them it is? If it is tunnels, then this is most likely due to voles, or field mice as they are called. Do you happen to know what type of grass this turf that was installed is? And what type of irrigation system are you employing and if it is an irrigation system, the current irrigation schedule?

Sorry for all the questions, but the sheer extent of the browning makes me wonder about the turf being bentgrass, which if mowed too high can be "scalped" in the process, which would appear as browning about this time of year. Please get back to me. You can contact me directly at the email address below. Thanks.