Flying pests on raspberries!

We've had a lovely raspberry crop for years, but this year, we've got these small flying insects on our ripening berries! Can you tell me what they are and how to deal with them? My husband set a "trap" - a gallon jug filled with yeast, sugar, water, very ripe bananas, but that doesn't seem to be attracting them. We're looking for natural remedies, as we don't want to eat insecticide!

Clackamas County Oregon insect issues raspberries insect identification

Hi, and thank you for contacting Ask an Expert in regards to your raspberry pests. I cannot tell by the picture what bugs are on the raspberry itself so I encourage you to bring a sample specimen(s) to your local Clackamas County OSU Extension office located at 200 Warner Milne Rd, Oregon City for proper identification. The clinic is open weekdays 9a-12p and 1p-4p.

As far as the bug on a notepad I believe that is a brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB) which is a relatively new invasive species to the U.S. This link will give you more information about the BMSB and how to control infestation. http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74169.html

Good luck and again, thank you for contacting the Cooperative Extension Ask an Expert.