i have a yoshimo cherry tree and I pinched one of the branches and it was solid brown. I dug it up out of the ground and the roots still look good. How can I save my tree? I also replanted it in another place.
During the first year you should inspect to ensure that:
- the plant is watered once a week during the growing season when the plant does not receive at least 1-inch of rain
- depending on the species, protective sprays should be applied at the proper time to prevent opportunistic diseases and insect pests
- all staking and ties are removed at the end of the first growing season after transplanting
- mulch is replenished so 2 to 3 inches cover where the roots are growing
- all mowers and string trimmers are kept away from the base of the plant
- the trunk is protected from sunscald the first winter after transplanting.