Looking for a canning group

I am on a Facebook group with thousands of people but am looking for locals to get together and can. Do such groups exist in Lane County?

Lane County Oregon food safety home food preservation

I do not know of any canning groups that are organized in Lane County but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. I will say however, we have the most active Master Food Preserver Volunteer Program in the state in Lane County with over 60 certified volunteers. We offer canning workshops all summer long and also do cooking classes during the winter. The one big canning workshop we do where people actually can as a group is our annual tuna workshop which will be held on August 24 at Food For Lane County. I am not sure if the workshop has filled up yet, but I know it is very popular and details are posted on the OSU Lane County Extension Service website. We also have a Lane County Extension Facebook page you might want to link into which gives details of our food preservation activities in Lane County.
I will ask my Master Food Preservers at our next monthly meeting if they know of a canning group in the area and if so will let you know.

Thanks for using Ask an Expert

Nellie Oehler