Admiration Barberie shrubs

Three questions. 1. Does this plant grow dense and dwarf or do I need to do something to keep it dense? 2. Pruning this shrub when should I do this as far as season? 3. Wondering what type of plant or shrub is this, (pic with the pink honey sack buds) and will it grow dense foliage? Thanks for your time,

Hennepin County Minnesota

1. This Barberry (Barberie thunbergii 'admiration') is a dwarf growing to 12-18" high. It has a spread of 18"-24". It should stay dense without pruning.
2. If you do decide to prune it is best to do it in the early spring. Cut off old woody canes at the center of the plant in late winter or early spring when the plant is still dormant.
3. The plant is a Wild Columbine. They are pretty, but are prolific seeders and will spread. I would cut off the seed heads when they form. You can transplant this columbine in the early spring just as the plant is starting up.

Thanks much very helpful!