Pesky Voles

A few weeks ago I contacted you regarding voles who killed my lovely potato plants in a raised bed that was lined with hardware fabric and weed block - a measure that rendered the garden vole free for 5 years. I was not able to capture the voles with mouse traps. There are only 2 plants left in this garden which means the voles will travel on elsewhere. My concern is that they will travel to one of my other raised beds. The beds are 12 inches deep but the boards framing them are only 4 inches high. I was thinking of covering the current "vole" garden with black plastic, thereby preventing the garden from getting any vegetation or water and which would hopefully kill the voles. Do you recommend I try this?

Anne Arundel County Maryland wildlife voles vegetable garden

This is not recommended. The voles will just move to other areas. Here is our website on voles and a blog on voles in the vegetable garden https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/voles

Marian